donderdag 25 februari 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ 2- Wings - Try Three

Today I seem to be feeling just slightly better. My head is still pounding and my ears ringing, but I am managing to control the worse of the muscle and joint aches and the fever with a regular dose of ibuprofen. So I did something to make me feel a little better still: I did some sewing!

Wings! I'm not sure if I'll add the embroidery.

 And I'm pleased to announce that I finished the second block of The Splendid Sampler™! I simplified it just a little bit, and measured every step, and went real slow, and I ended with a block of exactly 6 1/2 " square!

6 1/2 inch!

I also got started on block three. I'll be making one large heart for me and my husband (who is also down with the flu!), and one for each of our 4 children (who have been spared until now, touch wood). They were each born in a different season, so I tried to get their fabric to match their season. I've already done a spring heart for Pieter, and a winter heart for Marie.

The first three hearts of 'Lots of Love' are done and are all measuring in correctly!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten