donderdag 19 juli 2018

Progress in the Meadow

I've been sewing merrily along on my sheep quilt for Lucas. Just two more sheep and I can assemble my blocks and start on the prairie points and borders.
The meadow, with just two empty spots.
 I'm working from a pattern in Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt. I love the book. It has 45 (I think) blocks, all in 6' and 12', with instructions for rotary cutting and piecing (no templates), and tons of lovely pictures of different quilts to make with them.

I love Farm Girl Vintage! Such a lovely, lovely book!
 It has some fancy pictorial blocks, like this sheep, but also a lot of traditional blocks and differents stars, so I'll be making quilt from this for years, no decades to come! Plus, on her blog you can find mash-ups, combining different blocks, and more patterns (for sale) to add to your collection, like a barn cat and a beehive. Lovely, lovely! Such a good birthday present! I started naming the sheep, while I was sewing, they have real character, even if they don't have eyes or legs just yet...

Frosty

Flora

Buttercup/Boterbloem

Little Bo Tie/Strikje

Bunny

Daisy/Madelief

Amadeus (to be)

Captain Slow (to be)
The whole flock, minus Amadeus and Captain Slow
I'm thinking of backing this one in minky, the one that look like sheep's fur, wouldn't that be fun?

1 opmerking:

  1. I love that you are naming the sheep. It is adorable. I am sure the kids would want to name them too. Minky would be the absolute perfect choice for backing. I only wish that I could cuddle with it :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen