donderdag 21 juni 2018

What I did in April and May

It's been a while since I wrote on this blog, but that's not because I've not been creating.
Here are some pictures of what I've been up to these last few months.

Tulips from the garden, my first harvest this year.

You see more details when they're up at eye level.

Lovely details.

On the home altar.

A selection of vases. The broken cup in front used to be my great-grandmother's service.

Another little bouquet, for the table.

I bought this teapot with me from Chad, more than 10 years ago.

The "twintigstippig wilgenhaantje" ate our willow, which we pollarded this spring.

Mock orange, "boerenjasmijn" or "farmer's jasmin" in Dutch, the scent is divine!

I love Foxgloves!

My first year growing Iceland poppies. Next year I plan to plant some in the border next to our porch.

The Tübinger mix I got in Delft last year is performing very well: the bees are having a feast.

They also love these beauties. When I walk nearby I can hear them buzzing as they wallow in the nectar. I think the shape of the poppies acts as an amplifier.

My veg and cut flower patch is getting going for the season.

The Viperine is a also well loved by the bees, and the true blue is so vibrant!
That's not all I've been doing. I've been working on machine quilting my Acorn Trail and Lone Star quilts, slowly but surely. I've been neglecting my Splendid Sampler :-), but I think I need to finish those other two quilts first. I feel like for the Lone Star I have started overquilting, meaning a lot of work and a stiff quilt. So I've decided to give the remaining background area (I've only done a tiny bit) a much loser treatment. That way I'll 1. get it done and 2. keep the cuddly softness of the old fabrics. I hope some of the softness returns when washing and drying.

I also should really post a picture of my Liberty wool dress I made this winter. I've lost a bit of weight recently, so the fit is becoming loose, so I should get a picture before it just doesn't fit anymore. Luckily I have enough fabric left to make the dress again, in a smaller size, because it's really lovely, even if I do say so myself.

I also made Marieke and outfit last week: a skirt and top. We went fabric shopping together and I drafted the pattern for both myself, starting from a few of her favorite garments which are getting small.

And last but not least, I did a lot of patch jobs yesterday and today. I've been feeling ill (light fever and muscle aches, but mostly fatigue, palpitations, slow heart rate and hypotension) so I'm in no mood for creative endeavours, and doing mindless patch jobs was just the thing to make me feel a bit better about myself!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten