|Trying this pattern with free fabrics gave me the courage to go for it!|
woensdag 3 januari 2018
Lone Star Quilt Top
I made this quilt top out of six of my husband's old shirts and a worn duvet cover. The shirts had worn collars and cuffs, so I took off the buttons and cut them up to re-use. And decided to try a lone star. It went quite well. The top is not 100% flat, but I'm sure a bit of starch and a hot iron will set that right. I intend to add some borders using the same fabric and there will be enough of the duvet left for the backing. I intend to try free motion quilting it. It's very freeing to make something out of something that would otherwise be destined for the bin! I will buy the batting, of course, but all the fabric will be free. I do wish I'd mixed up the reds and blues/whites more, instead of grouping them like I did, but it's too late now!