woensdag 20 december 2017

Cat Potholders

I saw these cute cats in several quilty projects on pinterest and decided to make some potholders for my sister-in-law. i'm giving her a cooking book for Christmas and thought that was a good excuse to make these and get to try FMQ on a little project.

Cute pair of feline friends.

Hello?

Hello!

Free motion quilting fun!
 I made these using a bit of cotton "Warm and Natural batting" and the free motion quilting went so well! I'm never going back to the polyester "Polydown" they stock at my local shop (we're in Belgium, there aren't many quilt shops). The cotton batting is so stable, it doesn't stretch like the polyester. And I wondered why the borders on my quilts always came out wavy?

I used natural linen for cat #1...

... and grey linen for #2. I also used different colours thread for the machine embroidery on this one. I like it better this way.

More FMQ, and birdhouses.

I love the sprinkle fabric in the foreground.

Made with love ...

... by me, for you!

A loop for hanging on the back.

Pretty things...

... to decorate my music stand before I wrap them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten